Installing new flooring can be a difficult task to take on, especially if you don’t know which type of flooring is right for your home. Dark vinyl plank flooring, or LVP, is one of the most popular types of flooring on the market. It provides a great, timeless look, is easy to install, and easy to clean. The key to making sure you choose the best possible floor for your home is understanding your wall colors, furniture style, and the different color options for dark LVP. Read this article for the steps on Choosing the Right Dark Vinyl Plank for your home.
Why Choosing the Right Color for Your LVP Flooring is Important
Color is often the first thing people notice about a room, and it can set the mood and tone of the space. The right color can make a room feel bigger or cozier, brighter or darker, and even influence our emotions. Choosing the right color for your vinyl plank can help you achieve the desired effect and create a cohesive look within your home.
- The color of the flooring can affect the overall aesthetic of a room
- Lighter colors are often used in rooms with limited natural light to create a more open and bright environment
- Darker floors are often used in larger rooms with high ceilings, making them feel more grounded and inviting
- Blonde wood-toned planks offer a rustic and inviting look to a space
- Reddish wood tones are versatile and can add warmth or elegance to a room
- Grey, beige, and black can make a sleek addition to homes with a monochromatic design
Essentially, vinyl plank flooring colors can change a room in many ways. They can transform a dull and dreary spot into a bright and vibrant area. They have the potential to breathe new life into an old space, making it an inviting and comfortable place to spend time.
Dark vinyl flooring is becoming increasingly popular due to its ability to create dramatic and moody spaces that exude elegance and timelessness. From deep, rich browns to cool, smoky greys, this dark vinyl plank flooring style guide will explore the different hues and textures of dark vinyl plank flooring to help you determine which style would best suit your home. Read on and discover how you can transform your space with this bold and statement-making flooring choice.
Consider Your Wall Colors
Vinyl plank flooring is becoming increasingly popular due to its affordability, durability, and versatility in design options. It offers various textures, colors, and patterns, making it possible to match any decor style. Matching your vinyl plank to your wall color can be a daunting task. However, a few helpful tips can help you achieve a cohesive and harmonious look in your space.
Consider the Room’s Function
The first thing to consider is the function of the room. For instance, darker shades and richer colors work better for a living room or a bedroom to create a cozy atmosphere. On the other hand, for a smaller space or a place that doesn’t get much natural light, lighter-shaded walls and flooring will help maximize the light available to the room.
Look for Undertones
Pay attention to the undertones in the vinyl plank and the wall color. This is an essential factor to consider because it shows the underlying color tones of the surfaces. The walls should have a similar undertone if you have warm-toned flooring (like brown, beige, or gold). Similarly, if your vinyl plank flooring has cool undertones (blues, grays, or green), you should choose a wall color with complementary cool tones.
Match with Neutrals
Choose neutral shades that work well with any color scheme when in doubt. Beige or light gray walls will complement most flooring types, making them a fabulous backdrop for various furniture and decor styles. If you plan to have vibrant and colorful furniture, choose a neutral color scheme with your floors and walls to help create a consistent flow in your space.
Matching vinyl plank to wall color is not complicated but requires some thought and attention. Consider the room’s function and the undertones of the flooring and walls, then mix and match with neutral shades. Lastly, use inspiration from other sources to help guide your decision-making process. By following these tips, you can create a cohesive and harmonious look in your space that you’ll love for years!
What Style Of Furniture Are You Using?
More goes into choosing the right style of vinyl plank to match your furniture than you might think. You must consider several factors, such as the flooring’s color, texture, and pattern.
1. Identify your furniture style
First, you need to identify your furniture style, whether it is modern, contemporary, traditional, or rustic. Your choice of vinyl plank should complement your furniture style. For example, if you have modern furniture, you might want to choose a clean and sleek vinyl plank design with a neutral color scheme.
2. Choose the right color
The color of the vinyl plank plays a significant role in matching it with your furniture style. Darker shades of vinyl plank flooring, like espresso or chocolate brown, provide a dramatic and sophisticated look that would be perfect for traditional and rustic furniture styles. Lighter colors like gray or beige give a more contemporary look that would complement modern furniture styles.
3. Consider the texture
Another aspect to consider is the texture of the vinyl plank. Vinyl planks can come in different textures, such as smooth, distressed, or embossed. Smooth vinyl plank flooring works well with modern and contemporary styles, while distressed vinyl plank is ideal for rustic and traditional furniture styles.
4. Take note of patterns
Patterned vinyl plank is crucial in matching it with your furniture style. Geometric patterns work well with modern furniture styles, while subtle floral patterns complement traditional ones.
In conclusion, matching vinyl plank to your furniture style requires careful consideration of various factors, including color, texture, and pattern. Understanding your furniture style is crucial in choosing the right flooring design for your home. Whether your furniture is traditional or modern, there is a vinyl plank flooring design that will complement your style perfectly.
Which Are The Dark LVP Color Options?
Dark LVP flooring can elevate your home’s décor with elegance and timeless charm. From bold and dramatic to soft and serene, LVP flooring is available in shades of dark colors that suit any home’s aesthetic.
- Classic black LVP flooring – It’s a popular choice that provides a sleek and modern look, making it perfect for contemporary interiors. It’s also versatile enough to complement various design schemes.
- Dark brown LVP flooring – Creates a cozy and warm atmosphere. It can blend well with rustic and traditional settings or create a warm contrast in a modern setting. Additionally, dark brown LVP flooring doesn’t show dirt and scratches as easily as lighter colors.
- Charcoal gray LVP flooring – Offers a cool and sophisticated feel with its lively undertones that can complement contemporary or industrial settings with its industrial-chic aesthetic. It can add a touch of edginess to a room while remaining sleek and modern.
- Espresso brown LVP flooring – For a softer and more subdued option, espresso brown LVP flooring can inspire a sense of tranquility in a room. It can be used as a base for darker furnishings or paired with light-colored furniture to create a high-contrast effect.
- Slate gray LVP flooring – Suitable for a minimalist and monochromatic design scheme, its tranquil and subtle tone can create a classic and timeless atmosphere, providing a sophisticated and understated feel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is dark vinyl plank flooring?
A dark vinyl plank is a flooring option made of vinyl material darker than traditional light-colored vinyl. It can come in various styles, such as wood, stone, or tile.
What are the advantages of dark vinyl plank flooring?
Dark luxury vinyl planks are a low-maintenance and cost-effective option that replicates the look of hardwood or other natural materials. It’s waterproof, durable, and can withstand heavy foot traffic, making it an ideal choice for high-moisture areas and busy households.
What styles can I choose from for dark vinyl plank flooring?
The dark vinyl plank styles range from wood or timber to stone or tile. You can choose from several colors, patterns, textures, and wood-look species to create a unique aesthetic that fits your interior design.